Friday, September 10, 2010

Taking after her Mommy

It's official folks, we've got a dancer. I know I've talked about signing Jayla up for dance classes over the summer, but we were just way too busy. Just now, we've finally found the time to make it happen. I signed Jayla up for tap and ballet, at the same place she takes gymnastics at, with her Grandma. This place is AWESOME. The teachers are so wonderful, and very patient. Jayla really enjoys her gymnastics class and loves all the friends/teachers she has met. I knew this was the perfect place for her to take dance at.

Wednesday was her first day for tap. Tuesday night we headed to Dee's dance wear for her tap and ballet shoes, and I swear she never wanted to take off her tap shoes. She was "tapping" away on our wood floors all night. Mommy even taught her the "shuffle-hop-step", which she nailed of course! She was so excited on Wednesday morning and would not stop talking about "dance class". However, her excitement did not shine through on her first class. She had to enter the room, alone (this is not a mommy and me class). She can be a bit shy, at first, but then she turns into a ball of fire. All she did the entire class was just stand there. I couldn't stop laughing. Apparently, this is how all the other girls were, on their first couple of classes. The mom's re-assured me and Jearel that she will be just fine, and to give it a couple of weeks. Jayla's new friends were pro's too. They are all around the same age and have been taking this class for awhile (some up to 6 months long). I have no doubts she will pull through. I mean come on, she is an all star at home-HA!

Her first performance is at the Glendale Glitters. Yes, YES, you are all invited to see her debut :)

Jayla and Julia (aka skinny minnie)
Teacher Lauran trying so hard to make Jay move.
Even though she did not move much, she was super happy.
Don't mind the socks... apparently I need the pretty ones with ruffles or tights.

After dance class, she moves on to a gymnastics class alone.
This meaning she has dance classes once a week and gymnastics class twice a week. I'm hoping this will burn some of that toddler energy that we can't seem to get rid of ;-)

4 comments:

Candis said...

That is one of the cuuuutest things I've ever seen- Jayla in her cute dance outfit & tap shoes!
I am such a fan of dance/gymnastics for girls- I hope Michael will be on board with putting Camden in these sometime in the future! (He would rather keep her a NON-girly girl...but NOT if I can help it!)
Looking forward to seeing more pics of Jay & hearing about her progress.
BTW- it's kind of a tradition for us to attend Glendale Glitters- so this will be awesome to see my little blondie there!

Jenni said...

We need to make a trip to Dee's! Love Jayla in all her dance get up! Despite her not wanting to shake it too much in class, she sure looked so excited to be there!

There is no doubt in my mind that she will get the hang of it and be bopping around with those girls in no time! I can't wait to go watch her at Glendale Glitters!

Glad you finally bit the bullet and got her signed up! I can't wait until Lola gets to start classes on her own!

Anonymous said...

awwwwww love it!! she looks so cute in her outfit and shoes! ...isnt so funny how at home kids will do anything but when they get out not so much lol.....im thinkin if ree wants to take after momma she will need to take hip hop lol! ......

Sarah and Noah Pratte said...

LOVE, love the little pink dance outfit! She is so adorable! Can't wait to see her at Glendale Glitters! I'm looking forward to seeing the shuffle-hop-step!