Saturday, December 13, 2008

10 months old 12/12/08







~This ones for Candis and Jenni~

Well as of yesterday Jayla turned 10 months old. It's hard to believe she will be a year in just two more months. As Jayla turned 10 months she got another friend, Avery! One of my best friends Camille had her baby girl last night. It's ironic that Lola, Jayla, and Avery will share in birthdays on the 12th of the month. Seeing the pictures of Avery and knowing their excitement of seeing her for the first time, brings back so many memories with Jay. It really does seem like yesterday that we too were experiencing that for the first time. I think that I am officially ready to start trying for baby number two! Thanks little Miss Avery! Just not til after the holidays pass and maybe Jayla's first birthday!

Jayla's milestones for this past month:

~started crawling, it's more like a crippled craw, she leaves one leg completely limp and drags herself across the floor. But hey it counts.
~switched from soy formula to regular. Her doctor thought it would be a good idea to see how she tolerates cow's milk, since in just two more months she will be on whole milk.

~started eating real foods. She lost all interest in jar foods, so her doctor said go for feeding her whatever (except, eggs, peanuts, and fish). This has been a disaster, for one it is extremely messy, and two we have found she only likes french fries and graham crackers. She takes after her mom.

~she also can pull her self up more now than not. She has gotten so strong on her feet I have a feeling she will be walking real soon, probably before she masters that crippled crawl.

~she officially says: baba, mama, dada, and ny ny when she is mad or tired.

3 comments:

Candis said...

OOHHHHH My goodness- she is darling in these pics (some of my personal favvvorite!) You know I love the messy hair- big fan. Speaking of hair- she's gotten so much more of it!

Also, never seen her room before & I really like that pink color on the wall & how well it goes with the bedding.

Ok, I can't always compliment you---so I'm going to tell you my disappointment in you for making me hear Jessica Simpson Christmas music!!! HAAAAAA (I am dying laughing right now.)

Last but not least- after talking to Jenni, I'm not giving you that Christmas gift for Jayla anymore...so you'll just have to get a NEW one! (darn- I have to go shopping again.) : )

K, bye for now...

Four to Score said...

it doesn't seem like 10 months ago.... love the crazy hair, she has more hair on top than kylee does, how sad. have fun with real food poopie diapers! feed her some corn, ha ha ha!

Jenni said...

What a big girl! Happy 10 months! Lola was talking to her pictures from this post! She loves her birthday buddy so much!