Sunday, December 14, 2008

Helping Mommy Pack





So we are getting ready to leave on Wednesday for Branson Missouri to visit my parents. This will be Jay's first time on a plane and the first time she will be meeting her Grandpa Skorstad! This will also be the first time in 7 years that I get to share in Christmas with my parents. It has been way too long!!! My sister and her family live in Bloomington Illinois and are making the 7 hour drive down to my parents as well (here's to crossing my fingers for good weather so they can acutally make it). I am so excited to see everyone and for Jayla to meet her cousins Erin and Tyler!
It has been a hectic couple of weeks trying to get all the holiday shopping done, get ready for my finals for school, and also getting ready to leave. I hate to fly so mentally I have to prepare for this months in advance. It doesn't make it any easier being a mommy and now having to worry about a child. Poor Jearel, every time we fly he ends up with bruises on his arms when we hit turbulence.

~On to the helping mommy pack-

Jayla was so cute sitting on the floor as I get all her stuff together in the suitcase. She was really trying to help even though she has no clue what is happening. I bought this hat for the COLD, COLD weather we are heading to. Mind you the size is 3T (she has an extremely large head). She wore it for most of the time we were packing until I went to grab the camera. I still can't stop laughing at how cute she is in it!!

6 comments:

Candis said...

You kill me with the head comments! (Don't tell Michael, but I seriously think Camden has a LARGE dome too!) He gets ALL defensive when I say that. HEE HEE

That hat is so cute & will be put to good use there, I'm sure.

Have an awesome trip & I'd love to get together, all of us, when you get back.

Jenni said...

LOVE that hat! Lola refuses them, but will somehow keep her hoods from her hoodies on?

I am happy that you get to spend some time with your family for Christmas! You are going to have a blast!

Did I already say that Jayla looks so cute in that hat? Nope, just that I loved the hat! She is so precious!

HAVE FUN!

Four to Score said...

super cute hat. she actually keeps it on?? amazing.

i hate to fly too, makes me so nervous, have fun with that. and flying with a baby, super fun!

have fun in the snow!

Candis said...

Aw, I was hopin' for a new post mama!
Thanks for your comment on my blog- so sweet of you! As the girls are getting older/more functional (& not just drooling on themselves)...I am more & more thankful to have you guys in our life so they can grow up & play together. : )

Jenni said...

Ok...Where is some new posts? Get busy mama!

Candis said...

WHERE WHERE WHERE are my pics & posts from you??? You are grounded.