Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Holidays and Jayla's first!

Getting the idea down of quad riding.
(She loves this little ride thanks to her Grammy and Papa Garrett)

Crawling everywhere

Jayla loves her Great Grandma Morris

Hanging with her Grandma and Grandpa Riley on Christmas Morning

Her outdoor swing from Grandma and Grandpa Riley.
(This was one of the many adorable presents from them)

Her first doll from Santa
She loves to kiss everything, beware though it is a wet one!!

So excited about her first doll!

Her first pair of Vans

Opening her first Christmas present from Santa

Eating her first homemade Waffle thanks to Daddy
(A Christmas morning tradition)

Every year Jearel's mom feels it is necessary to dress up Baby in something like sweaters, shoes, and this year a fancy Christmas Collar.
~~ Thanks Phyllis, I'm sure baby truly loves it ;)~~

Our Christmas Tree after Santa arrived for Jayla. The sack was full of presents for Jay from Grandma and Grandpa Riley. Jayla is a very loved baby girl and just a bit spoiled!!

Jay enjoying her time with her Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Garrett on Christmas Eve.

So this is the one and only picture taken of us for Jay's first Christmas.
There so happens to be a piece of Spinach in my tooth since it was snapped in the middle of me trying to enjoy some spin dip.
But how could I not share it. It's the only one!!
(Thanks Shawn)
Yes I know this is way late. Blogging takes a little of your time and since Jay has become extremely dependent on me, I find my time on the computer NON-EXISTENT!! She wants to sit in mine lap and bang the keyboard. If I don't give in then there is a huge temper tantrum. Needless to say why bother right. If you haven't noticed she wears the pants in our house!!!
Our Christmas was amazing this year. Like I have said before there is something about having a child and how our holidays are filled back up with the spirit you remember as a child. I'm looking forward to the years to come as it will only get better.
Jearel has a large family and we were kept busy, busy, busy. Everyone wanted to see little miss Jay and showered her with LOTS of presents. I joke now that we need a bigger house just to hold all of her toys. Thank you so much to everyone who shared in a very special year for Jay.
We love you all very much.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

It is about freaking time!!! Holy presents, Jayla is one lucky girl!!! Missed seeing new posts from you! Love the family picture of you guys! They are few and far between in my house too! Can't believe our girls are going to be a year old next month!!!

Four to Score said...

i want some spinach dip.

holy freakin presents! hope you and jearel didn't waste your money buying her a bunch of stuff, considering all the grandparents presents, shit.

and i just read jenni's comment, a year already? jesus. can you believe it? it's the 12th, right? i remember that cause mine is the 15th. the big 30, woohoo!

Candis said...

Your spinach comment about that pic killed me! (Maybe Michael will have to teach you & Jenni BOTH how to use Photoshop now.) He has added highlights to my hair, cut off double chins, & you wouldn't believe what else with this tool!
Photoshop = MIRACLE.

No advice for you about your alone/computer time- sorry friend (I'm not quite there yet.) I am TRYING to get Camden to snuggle & be co-dependent on me...but she WON'T have it! She always wants to be alone, either watching a video or playing in her saucer. So, maybe this will make you feel better & enjoy your little "cling-on." : )