Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend at the Dunes

Thanksgiving weekend has been long gone, but I haven't found the time to post about it. So here it is. Again I went picture crazy, but my parents appreciate it, since they live so far away :(.

We headed to the Dunes on Thanksgiving morning. I really didn't feel up to going, not because I don't like it, but because school has kept me very busy this semester. So I loaded down my backpack, with all my school stuff, and tried to have some fun with my family. Jearel makes comments to me like "lets just sell our quads and my jeep, since we never get to use them". I've been feeling pretty bad for him, because this is the love of his life, (camping and riding) and we can never find the time to go.

My brother, Adam, and his two oldest boys made the trip as well. Adam bought A.J. and Cameron there very own quads (an early Christmas present). And of course my brother had all the time in the world to ride my quad, since I would be studying, duh!! But I did get to ride for a few hours. I don't ride like the big dawgs, and would much prefer flat dirt trails, over big hills of sand, so I headed out on my own. I think I might need more than a helmet to protect myself-HA!

This was Jayla playing so well, in the garage, while daddy loaded down the trailer before we headed out.
She entertained her cousin, A.J., while singing songs and dancing.
Finally we made it to the dunes. We found this sign at a camp site near us. Perfect for kiddos around. Jayla liked crawling through the turtles legs, getting oh so dirty for mama!
Jayla and her friend, the turtle.
Jayla playing in her never-ending sand box.
I bet you can guess what Santa Grandma and Grandpa Riley got Jayla for Christmas?!
Jayla found a new friend to play with the entire weekend, Mattie. They were so cute together!

Jayla went on a few rides, with daddy, around the camp site!
Playing with cousin A.J.
Cousin Cameron reading Jayla some books.
Another ride telling daddy where to go :)
Going for a ride in Grandma and Grandpa Riley's Rhino. I think this was the most fun for A.J. and Cameron, they even got to drive it!!

Jayla in her very own riding goggles. We bought her these last dune season, but she has yet to keep them on. Poor girl kept getting sand in her eyes. One day she will learn.
Jayla held down our fort with her stick. Don't mess with her!!
Playing a little T-Ball.
She didn't want to give anyone else a turn, imagine that!!
My dirty girl :)
Jearel calls this picture a "Jenni shot" minus the D90. Hey she has some great moves!!!
Jayla being silly, making weird noises. Such a goof ball!
Jayla is my little beauty queen, I know I keep saying this, but how did Jearel and I get so lucky ;)
I am starting to think Jayla loves camping just as much as daddy, overall she was in a great mood the entire trip. Might just be because she loves to be outside?!
Sisco bisco. How cute is he?!
(Random order of pictures, sorry)
Jayla happy as can be!
Making silly faces!!
Hanging by the campfire with daddy.
I LOVE THIS PICTURE, might just be because I am obsessed with her feet, but look how cute that is. She is growing up way too fast!
Drawing pictures with her cousins. They are so good to her!

These pictures are priceless. Look at the love just pouring out of Jayla. (Our camera got sand stuck in the shutter of the lense, which is why it is half open here)
TOO CUTE!!!

More riding with daddy!
This is the only picture taken of me :(. I hopped on my nephew's new quad to take it for a ride and then it broke. Sorry Cameron, it will be in tip top shape for your next ride. He was so sad, and kept saying, "daddy would have yelled at him if I broke it". This is true, but I didn't mean to break it, it just happened to break while I was riding it, thank god for that so poor Cameron didn't get in trouble.
~Thanks again to Jearel's mom and step dad for letting us crash in their toyhauler and for all the yummy food. You guys are too good to us!~
~Also thank you to our neighbor and friend, Chris, for watching our dogs and cat while we were away.~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun im so sad we missed it....i feel bad for b too cuz he nvr gets to ride his dirt bike...lv all the pics of jay she is so cute...and hw great tht the boys got to go...looks like they all had fun.....i cant wait for ree to ride or at least ride with daddy.....we need a dunes trip soon!!! so glad u got to get away even tho u had to study :(

Jenni said...

love all the pics - and the "jenni" shot! the ones where the sand is caught in the shudder might be my favs - oh, how jayla loves her cousins huh?! too cute!

she is in heaven with all that sand, she will love her christmas from grandma and grandpa huh?!

despite studying, glad you were able to capture so many great moments of jayla playing in the sand and having fun on the dunes trip!

Candis said...

Figures, the blonde would BREAK the quad! hee hee That was actually kinda' sad, but FUNNY at the same time!
Love all the pics- and Jayla looks so cute all bundled up like that!

Smith Family said...

Looks like fun! We dont have anything like the Dunes here.... at least I dont think!! You and Jearl are lucky, she is a doll!! I cant wait to see you guys again!! Come visit us anytime!! I know you have lots of it!! LOL! It looks like you had a blast!!