Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Mom

Today my mom turns 63 years old and once again we can't be there to help her celebrate. It's hard enough that we live so far apart, but on days like these, she is extra missed. For those of you who don't know my mom had a rough 2009. She spent a lot of time in hospitals and out of commission. She has 4 severely herniated disks in her back that has left her with nerve damage down her foot (hopefully not permanent). My mom is such a busy body and can't sit still for one second. Because of her back she can not return to work, this has been especially hard on her.
Mom and Grandma,
we hope you made the best out of your day today and hope that you find the time to treat yourself to a nice day/night out in the near future (I know Dad was stuck at work all day). We love you so very much and miss you more than you will ever know. Take it easy so you can make a trip this way with all your free time. I promise you will be in good hands ;)!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

This is my favorite picture of my mom. It was taken the night of my bachelorette party. She is such a kid at heart and can party better than the rest of us. She is loved by all my friends, especially Sarah :)!
My beautiful mom and sis (who's birthday just passed on the 3rd)
Happy Birthday Jodi. We love you too!!!

Just for you Grandma (I hope you can hear it, scroll to the end of the page and pause my music player)!!
Don't mind the non-matching hair thing and the load of toys on her bed, she just woke up!




XOXOXOXO

5 comments:

Sarah and Noah Pratte said...

Sue, I love this post! And I love that pic of your Mom and I! I miss her! I have a ver similar picture of you and my Mom! I guess that's what happens when you are best friends as long as we have been! Wish your Mom a very happy birthday for me!

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday Mama Skorstad!!!

Anonymous said...

i lv it....i lv the video omg so adorable...and those are both great pics!!! i love ur mom....happy bday pat lv and miss u!

Candis said...

Your Mom seems like so much fun! I hope her back feels better- that has to be miserable. I was dyyyying with just my lower back pain earlier this pregnancy, so I can't imagine the herniated discs.

I want to watch this little video of Jay SOO bad, but I'm at work & don't have speakers on my computer!? I'll have to watch it later...

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend (probably twice!)

Candis said...

This was the sweetest thing ever! I love toward the end, "Happy Boopday!"
I'm sitting in our room blogging, with Camden on my lap, and she keeps saying "More More time" (one more time!) She even liked the video. : )