Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Missing Us!?!

I just wanted to say that I am sorry for neglecting the blogging world. I miss it and maybe you miss us, but I promise I have so many un-edited posts just waiting to make there debut. I just can't seem to find the time to devote to this. I have exactly 2 weeks left of school and then 3 weeks of my "summer break", before I start summer school (for fun, yes I know, I am crazy). This semester has been SUPER easy. I've had a TON of work that kept me busy, busier than in the past, just minus the MAD STRESS.

Another reason I just can't squeeze in the time, is because of my little Miss Jay. It hard for me to think about the fact that Jayla will almost be 5 years old by the time I am done with nursing school. I feel as if I am missing out on so much of Jay's life, working my butt off to make something of myself and when I finally get there, she will be starting school herself. I'm trying to cherish every little moment I have with her and make the most of my free time. I've come to realize, the laundry can wait, the house can stay dirty, and my "me" time is not for me anymore. I now know that it will be a long while until I have this opportunity again, or even if we will, so I've made a little promise to Jay that everything else can wait (except school) so we can make the most out of these precious times. Anyone who has a baby can relate to how fast this time flies and how much the first years are irreplaceable, the moments when you watch your baby girl grow into this beautiful, smart little person.

So to my blogging friends, if you don't hear from me, please know that I love you and I'm still watching you. Please don't be offended if I don't leave comments (right away, because you know I'll always get around to it).

And to my family, my mom and dad especially, I PROMISE to keep this blog up and running, as much as I can. I know how much you love seeing all the pictures of Jayla. It is the closest way to seeing her, with out actually being here. Because of you, the Garrett family blog will continue! We love and miss you so much!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hear ya the time flies alright...geez all the girls are gettin so big...feels like yest u and i were talking bout hw we will would nvr get prego....i miss u .....and i hope whn ur on summer break we can do smthn....i will pack up both kiddos dur day and go anywhere ....so remember us on ur excursions or even jst chillen...so proud of u and all ur school woman.....i am so happy u are following ur dream! lv u guys!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Found you through Jenni's blog...I have to say...Don't beat yourself up! What you are doing is to help make your little one's future brighter!

Candis said...

There you are!
When I read your words, they are pretty much Michael's exacts ones to us, to get us through this tough time without him (especially while I'm pregnant.) I still can't believe he's graduating in June.
I'm very proud of you guys for making your dream a reality, and it has definitely inspired me to go back as SOON as he is done!

Jenni said...

I do miss you dearly friend!

I am so proud of you for working so hard at your studies to make a better life for you and the family!

It is awesome that you are setting such a good example for Jayla! The hardwork will pay off soon!

Hang in there, until then, we will wait for your posts!