Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cherished Memories

My sister and her family came to town for a visit, oh, about two months ago. It is not too often that they come out this way. The heat and the "ugliness" of Arizona keeps them far far away, in Illinois, that is! I don't blame them for wanting to vacation else where and let's be honest here, it is much nicer to go out and visit them. I usually get the pleasure of seeing my parents too, not to mention I force my sister to take me to Chicago (the BEST city in the world). Thank goodness they live so close, if it wasn't for my little Jay and Jearel, I would move that way in a heart beat. Ok, enough of that, now I am just rambling.

Most of you already know my sister, Jodi, is my very best friend. It is hard that she lives so far away. Not to mention my heart breaks that I can't be with my niece and nephew for the little things (like preschool graduations and violin recitals). It's never easy having your closest family live so far away. This is why I cherish the memories we share, even if they are spent doing nothing much at all.

Jodi was lucky enough to get out here for two weeks, and Erin, my niece got to miss school for an entire week (the second week was her spring break). Sadly enough I had to share my time with them with my brother-in-law's family, but we made the most out of our time together and I am so happy they were here.

Here's how our vacation went:

We hit up a spring training game (my sister has never been), and thanks to my friend Brian Garcia for always getting a big group to go, I was able to introduce my sister to some of my closest friends.


My little miss, with her cousins, Erin and Tyler.
She loves her cousins and misses them dearly
Tyler loves his Uncle Jearel
Erin does too, even though she tries not to show it ;)
Two of my favorite people in the world, Jenni and Kyan
and another favorite, little Miss Lola

My brother, Adam and his new love, Carey


The girls being silly.

The worlds greatest niece
My sister wanted nothing more than to lay out in the pool and drink margaritas. The weather was perfect, however, I thought the pool was a bit cold. Those Midwestern people can handle it!! So this is how we spent most of our days!!

My little water baby!




Tyler was extra prepared.
What a little ham!
My nephews A.J. and Cameron had their birthday party while my sister was here. We had a blast celebrating with them, at the bowling alley. Jayla even got to bowl and I think she will take after her daddy. She did AWESOME!

Jayla's best friend Lola was there. Those two can get a little crazy together!



Pools, bowling alleys, margaritas are the best anywhere on vacation!

Erin was Jayla's little bud and there wasnot a moment those two weren't doing something. Thank you Erin for being such a patient, loving, & caring big cousin. Jayla loves you so much!

My aunt, uncle, and cousin were able to swing by for a little visit, just before my sister headed back home. My Auntie Suzy and Uncle Phil brought Easter eggs full of money for all the kids to find. What a great idea, they LOVED it!!

Collecting their winnings. Thank you so much :)
The family catching up!! Always full of laughter and fun!



The cousins... Jayla, Erin, Cameron, Jaiden, A.J. and Tyler
THANK YOU SO MUCH, Jodi, Tom, Erin, and Tyler for coming out for a visit. We are so thankful for all that you do and the moments we have together. We love you all so much. Please come back soon!!! Or cruise again, Disney?! XOXO

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I could hardly believe my eyes when I looked at my dashboard this morning...was it really? No, it couldn't be?! An update from the Garretts! YAY! Made my day for sure! I have missed you my friend! But I know, you wouldn't have been able to get those straight A's once again, had you been a bloggin' machine! HA!

This was such a sweet post! I cherish every second too that gets spent with family! I however, am not so willing to move to the midwest - too cold! But those moments that we get to spend together are the best and from the looks of it, you got to spend a lot of great moments together that were very special! I love the one of you and your niece at the spring training game (man, does she look like her mama!) and the one of Tyler in the pool with his floaties, ringer, goggles, etc., there was no way he was going down, and I bet it helped protect him against that cold water a little bit! HA!

Great times with family for sure! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

yay great post! i too was missing no blogging from u.....looks like a great trip ....i lv ur sis and wish i coulda hung with her more.......i too would move to the midwest in a heartbeat......and agree chicago is amazing .....i had the best time with u guys there......jayla looks so cute with her cousins and ur fam.....looks like she was having a blast........i wnta go in ur suitcase nxt time u go out to visit ur mom or sis ...deal?? lol

Candis said...

You guys have such a GREAT house/yard for entertaining! I don't think you need to move at all....unless you'd like to come a 'lil closer to the Creels? : )

FINALLLLLLY, a blog post! It was worth the wait- lots of cute pics of my Mini Blondie, Jayla. And, I always like reading your captions with the pics (your sarcasm/sense of humor is by far, the BEST part!) hee

To answer you on Imagination Ave- they have them all over, but the one we went to was Shea & 32nd St. We should plan to go together soon, if you want? Or, NOT to invite ourselves or anything, but I know Camden would LOVE Jay's swing set & to swim with her again!....just sayin! : )