Friday, November 21, 2008

sicky poo Jay :(





Wednesday afternoon I was on the way to drop off Jay to her Grandma's house so I could go to school and Jay wasn't acting quite herself. Those who have spent anytime with Jay know how hyper and wild she is, talking or playing with something at all times. But on Wednesday she was just real mellow, not saying anything or showing much interest in any of her toys. After my first class I called her Grandma to check up and she was still not acting herself. Around 7pm that night I got a phone call from Daddy saying her temp was 102. We decided to take her over to a place called Good Night Pediatrics (urgent care for kids). When I got there to meet Daddy and Jay it was the saddest thing ever. Jay looked like death!! All I could do was cry. After a long night of tests, needles poking her, and getting a catheter we found out she has a UTI. This is so frustrating because we are so VERY clean and cautious with Jay. I guess this is very common in baby girls. This is UTI number two for her. She never has had a cold, diaper rash, flu, ear infection..... NOTHING, just UTI's!! I feel so bad for her. Yesterday was a very mellow day for Jay. All she wanted to do was just sit there with her paci, Miss Kitty, and her bear while watching her Baby Einstein (over and over). There was also A LOT of snuggle time with Mommy. Even though she was sick, I thought it was so cute to watch how content she was by just relaxing.
~~Thank you Jenni for being my shoulder to cry on and letting me vent ;)~~

4 comments:

Four to Score said...

that's too bad, uti's hurt like hell. i can't get over her sitting there and watching tv. i still can't get kylee to do that, she's CRAZY and has to bounce off the walls every second.

Jenni said...

I got good shoulders...there to cry on whenever you need them! So sorry that Jayla was feeling so yucky :( It is so hard to watch your baby going through all of that so helpless. Hope she is feeling better, from when I talked to you it sounded like it!

See you in a little bit.

Candis said...

Poor little thing! This post made me so sad! I hope she's feeling better now though.

When Camden got sick last week after her shots, I totally felt helpless. Even though I didn't wish that on her at all, I was LOVING how peaceful & calm she was when she actually fell asleep in my arms (she NEVER does that.)
Have a good night, & see you tomorrow...

Jenni said...

Lola and I had so much fun just hanging out at the mall tonight! The girls were SO good!

See you soon, like in several hours! Can't wait for Camille to open her presents!