Saturday, October 24, 2009

More and More Football

Last night, Jearel, Jayla, and I headed out to watch the Peoria Panthers play some football. It was the homecoming game (obviously I am the alumni) so it was a great excuse to go have some fun and reminisce about the good ol' days. The Panthers have so much spirit and pride with in the school that I can honestly say there is no other school you can go to and see that many alumni come out to watch a game. So many people that I went to high school with went back to Peoria, to teach and coach, it has been that way for years. We (well I) had a fun night showing off Jayla and catching up with some old friends, while watching the Panthers crush the other team (just their style).

My brother was there with his two older boys.
Jayla kept wanting AJ and Cameron to hold her. Poor boys, she is getting way too heavy for them. Not sure if you can notice Jayla's grin from ear to ear. She is in LOVE with these boys.

We got to watch the game from on the field, which was perfect for Jay. All she wanted to do was play in the dirt and run around with all the other kids.
Seriously when did Jayla start looking like such a big girl?! Holy Moly she is growing up way too fast. *tears*
This morning Jayla and I headed out to watch my nephews play in another football game. Daddy had to miss this one, as he headed out bright and early, to ride his quad, in Crown King for the day.
Jayla of course had to play in the dirt, AGAIN! Those of you who know me well, know my OCD I have with dirt and GERMS!! But Jayla kept herself occupied for a long time like this. So as for those two hours, I had to keep reminding myself to just breath. Then, I just about used all of my hand sanitizer on her. Let's just say Jayla gets a bath usually more than once a day and that's without playing in the dirt.
"CHEEESSSE"


So serious here.
Some how filling a water bottle with rocks is hard work and apparently a lot of fun.
Again, my beautiful BIG girl.

4 comments:

Candis said...

HAAAAA! I can totally 100% relate to your OCD. I about had a melt down on our trip, since the dirt there is the REAL thing- like majorly dark & rich, and stains EVERYTHING (including Ugg boots!) NOOOOO!

Ok, enough on that.
I have never seen Jayla so excited, as she is in the arms of the boys! You better watch OUT for that young lady. hee hee

I love her cheese grin, and she looks so pretty sitting there in the dirt with her gorgeous smile.

Anonymous said...

she looks sooooo cute...lv the shoes....how fun i wnta play in the dirt!!! and god her hair is gettin so long!!!!

Keri Garrett said...

Jayla is SO beautiful! Just seeing her smile makes ME smile!

She's so lucky to have cousins that she loves and adores.

When I was little, I looooooved my big cousin too - I called him my Buddy. Of course then he grew up and tormented me, tried wrestling moves on me, held me down and licked my face, made me watch scary movies, made another cousin drink toilet water (yeah, he got a spanking for that one!) and did many other mean things! But I suppose he grew up OK and it appears he turned out to be a pretty awesome Daddy for Jayla.

I CANNOT wait to tell Jayla all of the stories I have about growing up with her Daddy!

Jenni said...

Just realizing that I haven't commented on these posts...oops, head has been in the stars lately - dreaming!

Anywho, Jayla is so funny and such a ham! Love her big smiles! She seems to like football as much as her mommy does (or does she just like the social, get me out of the house part?)! Either way, she looks so happy and adorable!