Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Day for Daddy Jear Bear

Sunday was such a great day for daddy and Jayla. Mommy kept them busy all day, starting at 9am...

On a side note, I'm not sure if all of you know this yet, but Jearel is back bartending, at Hurricane Bay. It's a long story (most of you know it), but they came asking (more like begging) for Jearel back at the Bay.

This waking up at 9am was not much fun for daddy (at first), but after Jayla surprised him with his favorite breakfast (biscuits and gravy, homemade by mommy), and LOTS of presents, he was filled with joy.

Sleepy head enjoying his breakfast.
Opening his presents. He got much needed clothes (poor guy never gets anything for himself), movie tickets to go see Toy Story 3, and a stepping stone for his garden (which was MIA this year)
And Jayla got a shirt out of it saying, "I love my Dad".
Daddy going out to see his final present (the stepping stone).
Handmade by Jayla (ok mostly mommy), but we thought this was something fun and something we will continue to do for years to come.
The stars even glow in the dark.
On our way to the 10 o'clock showing of Toy Story 3.
This was officially Jayla's first trip to the movies.
Grandma Riley even joined in on the fun.
What a big girl!!


Jayla did REALLY well through out the movie. There were some occasional outbursts from Jayla, to the man behind us, "No, myyyy BUZZ and Woody. MINE!!" and then towards the end of the movie she got a bit restless and wanted to keep switching laps to sit on, mommy's, grandma's, and then daddy's.
*This was an outstanding movie. My favorite out of all 3. I recommend you go see it and bring a box of tissues*
After the movie, we headed over to Jearel's dad's house for a yummy dinner and enjoyed a fun afternoon with them. I'm sad that we forgot to take pictures. It is not too often that Jayla gets to see Papa and Nana Garrett. She absolutely loves her time with them.
Thank you!!!
~I always knew Jearel was going to be the best daddy. He is so involved in Jayla's life. They have their very own little routine down every night (including baths from daddy). Often my friends tell me they love watching Jearel around kids. He is the first one to get in and play with them (this is one of the many reasons I fell in love with him). He has so much patience, imagination, and LOVE for kids, which only multiplies ten fold with his very own daughter. Babe I am so very grateful for you (even though you lack in the helping around the house chores, you don't miss a beat when it comes to being the perfect daddy to Jay). WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH and hope you had a great daddy's day!~
I hope all the fathers out there had a great day, especially my very own dad (We miss you and love you)!

3 comments:

Candis said...

I absolutely LOVE that cute stepping stone idea! Mannn, I may have to jack some of your creativity. I was LOST this Father's Day, mainly because Camden's not quite old enough to GET that it's her dad's day, and I wish I could involve her more. It turned out SOO cute.
I am sure he felt so awesome, thanks to his blondie girls. Happy Belated Father's Day, Jear Bear!

I'm glad you said the movie is good- that is the one Gramma Mare is bringing Camden to this weekend (while Mykol & I are off celebrating our Anniversary some more!)
She looked so happy in her movie chair with kitty & her sippy cup.

Jenni said...

What a sweet post! Daddy Jear Bear is so so good with kiddos and so good to little Jayla! I love watching him with her!

Sounds like he had the perfect kind of day, well minus the having to get up early since he is back at the Bay!

I am going to take the kiddos to see that movie next week, with my box of tissues in hand! Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

awwwww great post!!! lv gma and daddy holdin her hand in the movie......i cant wait to take ree to the movies!!! bran is so hands on with ree too! i love it! i actually didnt think he was much of a "kids" guy but he proved me wrong......and jear is def all the kids fav! he is so cute! ....glad he had a great day! the stepping stone was ADORABLE!