Friday, May 6, 2011

A Little of This & A Little of That

Okay, really... It's more like A LOT of this and A LOT of that. I suppose this happens when you are a blog slacker?! Here I go again *deep breath*

For starters I got a brand new car :-)... 2011 Nissan Altima
I took these pictures about 3 weeks ago (with my new iPhone, that I oh so LOVE).
I'm quite the negotiator and got the salesman to throw in a FREE rear spoiler (not pictured here, they needed to order it).
I'm too lazy to go out and take another picture since the spoiler was put on, which looks WAY better. Maybe in another post ;-)

REASON FOR MY NEW CAR...
Long story short, my Armada was a big gas hog, and I drive EVERYWHERE. I filled that sucker up every 3 to 4 days (about 95 bucks each visit). Each time I watched those gas prices rise, I about fainted. Do you know what I would like to spend my money on? NOT GAS, that's for sure!

My brother desperately needed a bigger vehicle for his family of 6 and counting, so my decision was simple. Give my brother the Armada, take back my Kia, and
this was the outcome...
MY NEW CAR!!
Jearel called it my "adult decision". Seeing how I will be driving to downtown Phoenix, from Surprise, 5 days out of the week, not to mention, my clinicals for nursing school rotate through just about every hospital in the valley (2 times per week). Plus, there is NO WAY I could squeeze that BIG Armada into ASU's tiny parking garage downtown.
I guess it's official, I am an adult now.
And I love my new car!

Don't quote me on this, but about a month ago, we took Jayla to Princesses on Ice (coolest show EVER). I took a thousand video's, but I will just spare you the time and show you one. It's was the Wicked Queen and Snow White. I just love how interactive the crowd of children were. You can hear them all screaming "NOOOO". So cute!


Jayla happily sat on Grandpa's, Grandma's, Mommy's, and Daddy's lap ALL night (even though she had her own chair).
Watching the show, eating our $10 popcorn, and drinking our $10 lemonade. I can't even imagine how much Disneyland is gonna cost us?!

We had AWESOME seats. Thanks Daddy!
Jayla hiding from Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty)

Just a peek. At one point she shouted out, "Grandma Maleficent can SKATE!!"
(she's been to two Sleepy Beauty plays, with Grandma)




Next up... Jearel's Uncle was in a show thing (AZ Game and Fish Expo), at Ben Avery's shooting range. So we headed out to watch him for a few hours.
Grumpy Jay.

Walking around checking out all the cool exhibits and wild animals.

HA!!


At the actual show. Jearel's Uncle Bob, and Aunt Jana, both compete in mounted shooting, and are both world champions :-). It was cool to finally see what it was all about!!
Jearel's Grandma, Jay, and Daddy.

Jayla and Daddy have made several cakes in the past two months.
It's kinda there "thing". We never actually eat much of the cakes, but it is something fun for them to do.

Of course, she LOVES to decorate the cakes with A LOT of sprinkles (this might be why we never eat much of the cakes-HA).

On a side note... I just LOVE my new kitchen. I promise someday, I will share more pictures of our new house!

This was a rare occasion, so I just had to provide proof.
Jayla HATES to sleep. Here she just crashed on the couch. If only it was always this easy?!

Jayla has not mastered riding her new bike, from her birthday, but we are still working on it. If only the weather would just stay cooler a little bit longer!

Play-doh is one of Jayla's new faves. Such a mess, but keeps her occupied for a few hours. A plus in mommy's eyes :-)
And.... about two months ago, Jearel and I went to a home and garden show at the Cardinal's stadium...
Jayla and Daddy played, ran, and played some more after the show.


Jayla thought these big numbers were soooo cool, and loved playing hide and seek with daddy around them.



Finally the END... Don't ask me how long ago this was, Oh wait, it was over my Spring Break back in March. Anyways,
I took Jayla up to Westgate's splash pad. She was not too into it. She just wanted to watch all the other kids, and stay dry. Her excuse was, "It's too cold mommy".

Either way, Casper needed to get some color, and we spent a few hours in the sun.

We enjoyed some yummy pizza for lunch.

I LOVE her smiles, with her crinkly nose.

And then headed over to Cold Stone. Her favorite!!

So happy, and...

so into her ice cream.



Our little beauty!

After all that sugar, she ran around for hours. She even found 3 little girls about her age that came up and asked her "do you want to play with us?" Melted my heart!

DONE!!
See, we do have a life.
It just doesn't always equate to blogging.
I hope you enjoyed!!!

2 comments:

Candis said...

Look how LONG Jay's legs have gotten, for real- she is so tall! That is proof that we haven't seen you in too long. : (
She looks SOOO much like you in that photo, playing with the Play-Doh- so cute!

Your new car is beautiful & a very good "adult" decision.

Jear reminds me so much of Michael, the way he is with Jay. Like, I would never bake a cake with Camden- but Michael definitely would! haa

Miss you guys- thanks for the post, since it helps me see your faces!

Anonymous said...

so glad for the catch up..........yay!! my fav are the pics of Jay eating her ice cream lol! so cute!.....i love westgate.....and i too love how jay and daddy run around and play...they seem to have such a special bond :) so cute!.....i need to get ree some play-doh...i have been debating it but didnt know if she was quite ready......I am so taking ree to disney on ice next time its here......by then i think she will get it more and enjoy it......so maybe we can make that a double date with u guys :)........love love love ur altima...i miss mine a lot...great gas and looks sporty like (well yours is way cooler ) but u know wht i mean lol.........hope to c more blogs!! xo