Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Party at the Park

Party in my neighborhood!!!! I love, LOVE my new neighborhood (not sure if I've shared that before?). And I REALLY love all my neighbors, both sides, and all around. We often all hang out outside, share beers, and have lots of laughs. Jayla is surrounded by little boys, not sure how daddy feels about this one, especially Jay's love, Quinn (he's 3).

Anyway...
On May 1st our neighborhood had a "Party in the Park" (one of many they will have through-out the year). We have 3 huge parks in the neighborhood, one is considered the "big/main" park. That's where the parties are held. The HOA puts together the parties as a way for us to mix and mingle with our neighbors. They organize several events for the party, post signs through-out the neighborhood, and send out a newsletter.

For this party, we had the Surprise Police Department, the Surprise Fire Department, two HUGE water slides, a rock climbing wall, three bounce houses, tons of food, drinks, and snow cones. There was even a DJ for entertainment (music, and temp tattoos), a balloon guy, and face painter. We were suppose to have a petting zoo, but no luck.

Of course, we headed out early with our friends from across the street. I think we were the first ones to arrive at the party (I guess we were so excited-HA).

Jay and her shades, and shaded wagon. The girl HATES the sun in her eyes!

Waiting in line for the yummy burgers and hot dogs!


Jay and her two little friends from across the street, Danica (the only other girl on the street, and Quinn's little sister), and of course, Quinn (her lover, even though you can't tell in this picture).

Bounce houses and rock climbing wall.

Water slides!

Police, and the neighborhood block watch.

Firemen (my fave-hee hee)!

The kids got to play in the truck, and see all their cool "tools".

Jay and her new fireman's hat.

Quinn and Jayla playing!

The police had a K-9 dog with them, and gave us all a show.

We had a great time, and can't wait until the next one!
Again, I LOVE my neighborhood!!

1 comment:

Candis said...

BEST pic, hands down, is the one of the 3 of them in the wagon. Jay is like scowling at Danica, like "You better not touch my man" (even though it's his sister!) haaaaaaa
That face is priceless!

What a FUN event, though.
We went to one for Cinco de Mayo in a nearby hood, that was so much fun. They had the big jumpers for kids, a yummy buffet & full bar, & live music. I guess they have them all the time, and we're friends with some of the residents (from Camden's school), so we plan to attend many more in the future. Makes writing that mortgage check SO much more fulfilling (at least for me), to enjoy your area in which you live!