Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mommy's Day

Mother's Day just happens to fall right before my finals, so this usually means I need the day to study. You would think I would plan ahead, but I am quite the procrastinator, and no matter how hard I try, I always get stuck with school work. This Mother's Day was not too bad. I decided I wanted to do something just for myself. So all I asked was to get up early and head to two yoga classes (3 hours straight). Since Jearel works late every Saturday night, I never ask to go on Sunday morning. It was my day, so why not?! I LOVE yoga. I never thought I would be so into something, but it is my peace, my intense workout, and my savior for my horrible back (I have two herniated disks, and yoga has kept me pain free for the past year and a half).
My yoga teacher was surprised to see me on a Sunday, and let me just tell you, I GOT MY BUTT KICKED. She made it a point to show me just what I've been missing on Sundays. I enjoyed every second of it :-)

After I got home, Jayla and I played around with my NEW camera (my present from Jay and Daddy). Don't mind my messy hair/no make up, and Jayla in her panties. I had to share since I never get pictures with just me and Jay.



I told Jayla to pose, and this is what I got!

and this too... HA!

and this OH SO sweet one... Look at that beautiful face!!!

After we played, Jayla and Daddy took a very long nap while mommy did school work, of course. I got enough done that we were able to go out and enjoy a nice dinner.

We headed to Hayashi, and let Jayla experience the teppanyaki table for the first time.
We had a silly chef!!
You'll have to zoom into this picture to see what's in his hands putting out the fire!

Of course Jayla stayed entertained by the iPhone!

Using chop sticks for the first time!

She loved them!!

Ah, a family picture :-)
Thank you so much to Jay and Daddy for making my day so special!! I love you both so very much!
I hope you all you mommies had a special day as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u go girl on the yoga....wish i was a yoga kinda girl too but its just not for me......lol......so glad u had a great day...i LOVE the pic of u and Jay...because it is so chill and natural....very cute...lately i have made it a point to take pics of me and ree cuz i started realizing i had like none :(

Glad u had a great mommy's day! yay for a new camera!!!

Candis said...

Mann, I leave for one weekend & I come back to TWO blog posts?? You feelin' alright, Blondie? : )
I actually saw them last night, but called it quits from the computer to hop back into bed (was still kinda' queasy.)

You look good even after a grueling work out- how is that fair? Especially if that was after Bikram??- There is NOOO way I can get away without showering after that torture!

Glad you enjoyed some time alone, and some time with your fam- you deserved it!

Happy Momma's Day