Sunday, June 14, 2009

Off to Meet the Roselands in San Diego

We are headed out the door this morning to San Diego for the week. I have been anxiously waiting this trip for months now. I haven't been to San Diego since I was 18. California yes, but not San Diego. Jearel and I usually get our beach fix in Rocky Point. His parents own a beautiful house down there and it is right on the ocean, so what more could you need. But thanks to the invite from the Roselands, I finally convinced Jearel to go see other beaches. I think Sea World was the seller, and the fact that he gets a "guys" night out with Chad.
Whatever works right?!
We have already taken Jayla on 2 road trips and she has done quite well. We just keep her movies playing and stop more than usual. This seems to keep the peace. Although yesterday morning so woke up with watery eyes and lots of sneezing. I am hoping it is just allergies, otherwise this will be Jayla's first cold. She has never gotten an ear infection, runny nose, cold, NOTHING (well except a UTI). Not bad for 16 months old. I have a bit of germ-a-phobia that I have been trying to work on. This may be why she is finally sick. Let's just hope it doesn't interfere with the fun of her vacation.

CALI HERE WE COME!!!

4 comments:

Four to Score said...

happy california! yay for seaworld, i LOVE it there! here's hoping for a good drive there... and hoping that she's not sick for the first time. thankfully for me, my kiddos have had a gazillion colds (from the gym day care) that they've built up immunity and they're totally no big deal anymore. i don't miss those sleepness nights from congestion, ha! hope you guys have a blast at the beach. funny, i couldn't drag ryan to rocky point to save my life, but he'd probably be all over san diego.

Anonymous said...

she 's a trooper she will b good!!! u guys have a blast! u deserve it..love ya!

Candis said...

Have so much fun & can't wait to see pictures & hear all about it!

San Diego is a special place for the Creels. It's where we were married, where we spent our "Baby Moon" (last trip before Cambug was born), & just our fave place to relax & have fun.

I tried to make it work, so we could join you guys- but it was just too hard during the week. Maybe next time around?!

Garrett Family said...

Thankfully Jayla has not gotten a cold from the gym day care. She has been going for 6 months now and nothing. I am a freak about making her wash her hands and FREAK out when she puts things in her mouth.
I have a bit of OCD with germs. HA.
So far Jayla has been great, still just sneezing so we think it is allergies. She has been a happy little bee and the drive was peaceful!!