Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back to School...

... Not for me anyways but for Mrs. Roseland (Jenni). She is an eighth grade teacher and heads back to work on Monday. We definitely had a very fun summer together. Even though we won't see them almost everyday, I know we will still see them on the weekends.

Here is how we spent our last day of our summer vacation together...

Jenni is growing out her hair, or at least trying to. She's said this many of times before. I personally love her hair and would trade her in a heart-beat. Her hair always looks so cute. But I of all people knows how hard it is to grow your hair out. I've had my hair short a few times before. There is always this awkward stage (which makes you want to just cut it off again).
I decided to teach Jenni some fun ways to change up her hair as she is growing it out. I got inspired by Randi's hair from, So You Think You Can Dance.

After the Little Gym Class we headed back to my house to put the girls down for their naps and got started on the hair make-over. Like Jenni would say, we played around like we were 13 years old again. I showed her how to curl her hair by using a flat iron (my personal favorite thanks to my cousin). I even added a french braid to her bangs, since they were not cooperating with the style.
Kyan (4 year old photographer) snapped a few pictures of us in action.

I think it turned out so cute. ~Jenni I know you can re-create this~

After Jayla woke up from her nap we decided to go put our feet in the pool. This all started because Kyan wanted a Go-Gurt, which I freeze for Jay so it is less messy. Jenni didn't want Kyan to make a mess in my house so we headed outside. Well I ended up having to strip Jay down naked because she couldn't just have her feet in the water. We take her swimming naked all the time. She doesn't have much patience when it comes to changing into her swim suit. This is fine by us, but we are always worried she might "drop the dues" (as Jearel would say). She is normally a regular morning pooper, but with all her molars coming in it has gotten pretty messy. Jenni headed inside to change into her swim suit after we all got the chance to put ours on (Jay stayed naked). Well sure enough Jayla pooped. At first I thought it was a stick in the pool. Then I realized right before I grabbed it, it was POO. I screamed at Kyan to get out of the water. I threw both Kyan and Jayla on the other side of the pool fence and ran to turn the pool cleaner on. Then hopped back into the pool to start cleaning it out.

Here is what Jenni walked out to....

Kyan and naked Jayla on one side of the fence standing there staring at me.
The Pooper (like Jenni would say)
And me (the scooper) on the other side of the fence trying to get every last bit of poo out of the water.


We were all laughing so hard.

I couldn't stop gagging. This was a dirty job. Never again will Jayla swim naked. Warning to all parents, it is SOOOO GROSS. ~Thank you Jenni for a summer full of so much fun! We love you guys so much. I'm glad that our last day was one sure to remember.~

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Thats to funny. & gross.
i would be gagging too.
Jayla is a cutie.
Cant wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

so funny the poop!!! her hair looks awesome u go girl!! so glad u guys had a fun filled summer!! yay!! thanks again for today and hope u hv a great time in IL...gv ur fam my lv! xo

Jenni said...

Ok - so this has to go down as the greatest summer we have had EVER! Thank you for hanging with us all the time! We would have been bored without you and Jearel!

I really hope that I can make my hair work like you did! I am sticking to my guns and going to try and continue to grow it, seems longer than it has in a while though! Also going to go check out Sally's soon, even if it is to just tease myself! Do all of the Sally's have them?

LMAO at the pool! OMG that had to be the highlight of the summer! So funny that you called it before it was going to happen! When you were gagging my belly was hurting so bad from laughing at you! Oh Boy!?!?!

Hope you guys have a safe trip - I will try not to text you too much! Enjoy your family time!

Candis said...

You did an amazing job on Jenni's hair (even though you're right- hers always looks good)-but love the change up!
And, I could not stop laughing at you being a "Pooper Scooper!" I could totally hear you making the gagging noises! haaaa

Hope you guys have an awesome family trip & that the humidity won't be too bad for you.