Monday, August 24, 2009

Time To Pack Up My Backpack

~insert song here from Dora the Explorer "Back pack-Back pack"...OH BOY I need to get out of the house more~

Yep it is back to school I go! Jayla and I had a very fun summer together. She is looking forward to getting back to her Grandma's houses and I am ready to get to work. I went to visit with an ASU academic advisor over the summer to start the process of transferring over to their Upper Division Nursing program. Thanks to a very good friend of mine, Nicole, who gave me a boost in that direction. If all goes well I will be in the nursing program Spring of 2011. It seems so far away but it is actually faster to get your BSN, than just your RN at a community college (the wait list is 1 1/2 years). I will be attending GCC one last semester and it's off to ASU to finish my pre-req's. Then I will go straight into the upper division nursing program (no waiting). Your grades play a huge roll in who gets in and who doesn't. You can pretty much say if I don't maintain a 4.0 I will not be getting into their program. It is very competitive but I am so ready for the challenge. I have a full load this semester and with the looks of it, lots of homework in my near future. Poor Jearel, I will need to apologize to him ahead of time for what is to come (buckle your seat belt babe)!
And for those of you who are wondering, yes we are still trying for baby #2. Might as well make it more challenging!!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

"'First day of school! First day of school'" Nemo says! Everytime someone mentions school and it being day one, this is the quote that pops into my head!

You are going to be great and making a 4.0, watch, you'll see! Whatever you put your mind to, I firmly believe that you of all people, can do it!

Hope tonight goes well!

Phyllis Riley said...

If you need quiet time for your studies grandma & grandpa's door is always open for our little angel! :-)

Candis said...

My FAVE part of this post was "Back pack, back pack!" You can only imagine how many times we go around singing that song in the Creel household!! (That + The Hot Dog Song!) I love it.

You are 1 determined Lady- that I know, so you will go far & make your family very proud.

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts & hope Baby #2 comes your way in the near future.

Nicole Engelbretson said...

Yay for you! ASU is supposed to have a rating in the top 20 nursing programs in the US by January of this year. I will feelproud to be a part of it....you will do great!

XOXO Nicole